Saturday, August 16, 2008

Making me even more hungry...

After watching the scrimmage today, it just makes me more hungry for some football.

This morning, everyone sat around and waited for the lightning detector to let us on the field, but it wasn't to be. There is something about us and scrimmages and weather. However, we got the scrimmage in this afternoon, and it went well.

Standing on the sidelines and taking pictures made me ready to do so during a game. Unfortunately, I don't get to stand on the sidelines at home since I have to be in the pressbox doing stats and media relations. Of course, our first two games are at home, and I am glad for that as well.

What I do look forward to is seeing some football being played on our field. Today the guys were hungry for some game action, too. I heard a lot of whooping and hollering, supporting each other like a family. And that is what is stressed each and every day by the coaching staff.

If you didn't make the scrimmage today, you missed some very nice plays on both offense and defense. There were a few miscues, but nothing that can't be fixed.

I am excited about watching the 2008 Texans every Saturday, and I hope you are as well.

Go here to see pictures of today's scrimmage, and don't worry, the real thing is just 12 days away!

No comments: