Thursday, August 14, 2008

STRIKE!


Apparently, there was a lot of smack talking leading up to the team bowling activity. Offense vs. Defense. Not only do they try to prove themselves on the field against each other, now they had the added pressure of using a round ball to knock down some pins some 60 feet away from the foul line, that's two first downs.

And who do you think won? Perhaps the team used to gaining 20 yards? Or the team used to
knocking things down?

The answer: the team that had a player who brought his own bowling ball, bag and shoes: Devin Livingston. The offense won by more the 1,000 pins. Yes, that's right, 1,000 pins. Whoa! That's, dare I say it, an old-fashioned whippin'!

Defensive coordinator Cary Fowler was overheard saying his squad should get to play the offense in dominoes. I asked, "If they called it Gutterball, would the defense have one?" A large smile gave the answer.

The offense gets a prize (if I remember right last year, they got to watch the defense run after practice, but I could be wrong - it has been a while sense then). I'll let you know what the offense gets to enjoy.

Hopefully, the offense will be as successful on the football field this year in moving the ball 20 yards at a time and outscoring their opponents by such big margins. Of course, here's to hoping the defense can fill the gutters presented to them by opposing offenses as well.

2 comments:

Diane Polanco said...

Thank you so much for doing this! I am Devin Livingston's mom and I check the site daily. Being far away in San Antonio, I miss him and this is a nice way to see what's going on! It is so nice to be able to see pictures and video clips. The Texans look great and offensive line is amazing. I can't wait for the season to start. Devin wants to end his senior year withg a ring and by the looks of things so far, they will succeed!
Keep up the great work and remember to show the O-line some love!

Diane Polanco

Tarleton Athletics said...

Yes ma'am! I will add some O-line pictures this afternoon. I'll even get one of your baby! He's a great young man, you should definitely be proud.

And thanks for the kind words!

Go Texans and TexAnns!