Thursday, September 18, 2008

Who's on your shirt?


Sometimes people give me a hard time about graduating from the private university in our conference to the west of us. And, yes, I am proud of the diplomas (two) I have from there.

However, I have never been more proud of our, that would be Tarleton's, volleyball team tonight!

For the first time since I have been here, and for the first time since 2002, the TexAnns downed the Wildcats. And they did it in pretty dominating fashion. They won 25-20, 25-12 and 25-21. And really, the first two games were not that close. They fought hard in the third set and came back to win it and close out the match.

The victory ended a nine-match losing streak to the other purple and white team from the LSC, and that is the best I have ever seen the TexAnns' play from the beginning to the end.

It was very exciting, and I am glad I was there to be a part of it... with my pointer finger in the air and a T on my shirt!

No comments: